Are you looking for an easy yet healthy breakfast? I’ve got you covered. This Avocado Spinach Smoothie is quick, nutritious and yummy. Did you know that avocados may even help you lose weight! Yes, you read that right, lose weight. A recent study found that people eating avocado felt 23% more satisfied and had a 28% lower desire to eat over the next 5 hours!
Because the avocado oxidizes quickly, this smoothie is best consumed right away. If stored, it might darken a bit, but it will still be delicious. Any frozen fruit like frozen pineapple, mangoes or peaches can also be added to this smoothie. In that case, reduce the amount of sweetener and the ice a little bit.
Healthline.com tells us that Avocados have the health benefits of:
- having more potassium than bananas
- having heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
- being loaded with fiber
- being able to lower your cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- their fat content helping you absorb plant foods nutrients better
- being high in antioxidants that help eye health
- possibly helping protect against cancer
- possibly relieving symptoms of arthritis
So eat avocados! They have healthy fats and are good for you! Below you will find photos of ingredients and how we made this smoothie. Recipe follows the photos.
Avocado Spinach Smoothie Recipe:
Avocado Spinach Smoothie
- 1 cup of Baby Spinach
- ½ of a large Avocado
- 1 cup of Coconut Milk canned or any other milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoon of Honey or Maple Syrup
- Juice of half a large Lemon
- ½ cup of Ice
- 2 scoops of Vanilla Protein powder optional
- 1 teaspoon of chia Seeds optional
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, spinach, avocado, honey, lemon juice and the protein powder (if using)
- Blend on high till smooth.
- Add the ice cubes and blend well.
- Pour it into serving glasses.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of chia seeds (optional) in each glass and serve immediately.