I don’t know about you but I love Old Fashioned Cornbread! I really haven’t been able to eat any since I have started eating Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free. There simply are not many recipes that are good for bread that are both. This cornbread is moist and delicious, because of the added Soy Yogurt from Organic Nancy’s Soy Yogurt. The cornbread hardly even crumbles when you take a bite.
I enjoy eating cornbread while it is hot and straight out of the oven. With a fresh organic or raw honey poured over it, there is simply nothing is better to snack on. If your looking to make it more of a meal, it is a great side to a big salad or a heaping bowl of spicy chili!
No matter how you eat it, this old fashioned cornbread will hit the spot and satisfy your carb craving for breads. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Old Fashioned Cornbread – Gluten Free & Dairy-Free
Old Fashioned Corn Bread Dairy & Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cup plain or vanilla Organic Nancy's Soy Yogurt
- 1 large egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly oil a 9" pie plate.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, stirring until blended, then pour into pie or square baking plate.
- Bake 22 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Allow to cool slightly before slicing to serve.
Do you have a gluten and dairy free bread recipe that you love?