Did you know there is such a thing as Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup, that’s vegan too? If you thought you’d never be able to enjoy creamy soup again, you’re in for a treat. You won’t believe the secret ingredient that gives this soup it’s creamy texture! It’s way healthier than any of those canned soups and it tastes better too.
Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
This recipe uses a blender, so please check out the Blendtec Blender. It is the Cat’s Meow when it comes to blenders and has a full 7 year warranty even on refurbished models which are very affordable!
Can you believe a healthy ingredient like cauliflower makes an incredibly tasty cream soup? You can enjoy as much of this soup as you like without any of the fat and sodium in traditional cream soups.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower:
- Cauliflower is a member of the cancer-fighting cruciferous family of vegetables
- Cauliflower is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich, and may boost both your heart and brain health
- Eating cauliflower will provide your body with impressive amounts of vitamin C, vitamin k, beta-carotene, and much more while supporting healthy digestion and detoxification
Mercola gives the Health Benefits of Mushrooms:
- Mushrooms contain some of the most powerful natural medicines on the planet. About 100 species are being studied for their health-promoting benefits, and about a half dozen really stand out for their ability to deliver a tremendous boost to your immune system
- Nine recently presented studies on mushrooms detail a wide variety of health benefits, including: improved weight management, improved nutrition, increased vitamin D levels, and improved immune system function
- One of the active medicinal compounds in a mushroom called Cordyceps has an identified potential cancer drug in it. More recent studies suggest it also has potent anti-inflammatory characteristics that may be helpful for those suffering from: asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, renal failure, and stroke damage
- It’s important to eat ONLY organically grown mushrooms because they absorb and concentrate whatever they grow in. Mushrooms are known to concentrate heavy metals, as well as air and water pollutants, so healthy growing conditions is a critical factor
- Mushrooms that can help boost the nutrient content of your diet include ( most of which I have never heard of ): shiitake, reishi, cordyceps, turkey tail, and Himematsutake
What is your favorite “cream of” soup? You can adapt this versatile recipe to make many different flavors.
Recipe for Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 ½ cups almond milk or non-dairy milk of your choice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white button mushroom diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- In a medium pot, add cauliflower, milk and salt
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes until soft
- Puree cauliflower mixture in blender
- In a separate large pot, heat oil and saute mushrooms and onions until soft, about 10 minutes
- Add puree, and over medium high heat bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes until soup is thick and creamy
Melanie B says
Love Cream of Mushroom, one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing
Rodel Mercurio says
The cream of mushroom soup is delicious.
Thanks for sharing that Rodel!
Sally Ann Tews says
The soup looks so delishious and is a great recipe
that I am going to be making soon.
Gosh I have not had cream of mushroom soup for so long.
I am going to be making this soon.
This looks delicious! I am glad that it is vegan and gluten free 🙂
Hannah C says
This recipe looks so delicious and I know my mother would really enjoy it as well.
June S. says
(Cream of Mushroom Soup, Vegan and Gluten-Free) This mushroom soup recipe sounds awesome and so easy to make too. I like lots of mushrooms in mine-
So do I June. Lots of mushrooms…YUM
Cindy Merrill says
Have you tried making this soup with unsweetened Cashew milk? Very creamy!
Thanks Cindy for the suggestion. We have just recently gotten Cashew milk in the stores here…will try it.
I’ve been sampling vegan foods at whole foods and love them. This soup sounds delish I’d like to try it!
That’s what I miss about living in Alaska. We don’t have whole foods or even any specialty stores to sample vegan or other foods! Lucky you.
cream of mushroom soup is awesome.
Especially when it is dairy free and gluten free!
I adore mushrooms and mushroom soup! Thanks for the recipe!
Your welcome Lulu
Molli vandehey says
cream of mushroom is one of the things i miss most!
Me too Molli cause I baked a lot with it 🙂 Now I have something to work with again!
my hubby would love this. looks very good
Thank you for the recipe, I am all about soups right now!
I love mushroom soup. Thank you so much for the recipe!
Tara Lehman (Lehman Lane) says
Your soup looks delicious! My sisters are both vegan so I am always looking for good recipes to make for them:). Thanks so much for sharing your mushroom soup recipe @ Dream. Create. Inspire. Link. Have a great week and take care, Tara
Mushroom soup is a favorite in our house but I purchase it. I’ll have to try this homemade soup instead!
Barrie, I didn’t know there were dairy free Cream of Mushroom Soups canned that you could buy! If there is let me know..Many then are not gluten free either. This recipe is for those who need dairy-free and gluten-free help.
This soup looks so delicious 😛
Looks delicious and comforting. Thank you for the recipe
Crystal Marie Porter says
Had to pin this, GREAT vegan recipe. I’m going to make it for a dear friend in the near future, I think.
Thanks for pinning this Crystal!
Karen Glatt says
This looks like a very delicious healthy soup that I would love to make. I think it is easy to make and so good for me to make, instead of having salty canned soup.
Thank you! Before I became vegan cream of mushroom soup was my favorite years ago. I’m not a very good cook so I don’t search out many recipes and I never thought I’d see vegan cream soups. I can’t wait to make this, it’s cold and rainy- perfect soup weather.
Thanks Raine…I also love it cause I like to bake with a creamy base. Now I can make a green bean casserole with a dairy free cream of mushroom soup!
Oh wow this sounds amazing and thank you for sharing…pinning for later….
Thanks so much for pinning it Shannon!
Heather Amos (@curlyblu918) says
This sounds and looks delicious! Will have to try this out.
I can’t wait to make this! It looks so yummy & we love mushroom soup!
Athena Emmanouilidis says
Thaat sounds like a great recipe for those who are vegan, gluten-free or just anyone.The processed soups sold in cans are absolutely horrible! Even the ones that seem to be vegetarian are not example:Campbell’s
I so agree with you about the processed soups Athena. I am trying to go as processed free as possible.
David Fultner says
This looks so great. I saved it.
Sara schwab says
ThIs food looks yummy and easy make
Sandy Weinstein says
as a child i loved cream of mushroom, however, i dont eat many creamed soups anymore b/c of the calories. creamed soups are so soothing. great for when you are sick. however, i do like that you added some veggies to your soup, which i really like.
Thanks Sandy! I try to keep it as healthy as I can 🙂
Amber Ludwig says
Mmmm!! Cream of mushroom is one of my all time favs! This sounds amazing!! Thank you for a gf option I know my whole family can enjoy!!
Your welcome Amber…trying to get more “normal” recipes everyone uses posted for those of us who are gluten-free and dairy-free!