My recipe for red lentil veggie burgers is a great meat and gluten free alternative. Full of texture and flavor, these are a healthy and tasty treat
I like to eat burgers but get really tired of the same old burger. Since I can’t eat gluten anymore I haven’t found any veggie burgers that don’t contain gluten for sale in the frozen section at grocery stores! I have one burger recipe we love but I want a few more so I decided to experiment with some ingredients and see what I can come up with. I really like this burger. My husband says it is really good too…he likes the texture in it and I like the flavor. I hope you like it too.
Red Lentil Veggie Burgers Recipe
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Crumbs
- 6 baby carrots
- 2/3 cup anaheim peppers
- 1 corn cob husked uncooked
- 1 TB nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dill weed
- 1 TB chick'nish vegan chicken flavored seasoning
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 TB soy sauce gluten free
- In a medium saucepan, put water, garlic and lentils and bring to a boil. Once boiling cover and turn down to simmer cooking 20 minutes or until lentils are done.
- In food processor pulse all the veges, carrots, anaheim peppers and corn until slaw sized.
- Add the cooked lentils with garlic
- Add cornflakes and seasonings
- Mix well and shape into patties
- I fried the patties on the stove top in a bit of olive oil. I like the feel of the burger that way better than baked.
My husband had these for sandwiches a couple days and really liked them. I like to eat them plain with relish and Vegenaise.