Homemade Black Bean Burger
I came up with a yummy recipe for this Black Bean Burger. It’s Vegan and Gluten Free to boot! We use all the traditional fixings like tomatoes, lettuce, ketsup, mayo and mustard for our sandwiches.
Any gluten and dairy free hamburger buns you like works. Canyon Bakehouse is my favorite for gluten, dairy and soy free hamburger buns.
We use to buy black bean burgers patties but all the pre made frozen burgers I have found have gluten in them. So I experimented with ingredients and came up with this black bean burger recipe! Now I can share this yummy recipe for a delicious Vegan Gluten Free Burger!
Web MD says this about Black Beans:
This is a recipe for a bit softer texture vegan burger the Red Lentil Veggie Burger also with good flavor!
Let me know what you think of this homemade black bean burger in the comments.
Black Bean Burgers Vegan and Gluten Free
- 1/2 onion minced fine
- 1 can black beans well drained
- 2/3 cup gluten free oatmeal slightly whizzed in blender
- 1/4 cup Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 TB soy sauce gluten free
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- dash Tabasco
- PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- In a large bowl, mash the beans fairly smooth leaving a few chunks of beans. Add onions and mix, add seasonings and mix, add oats and crumbs and mix. Form patties and fry in olive oil. Enjoy in hamburger buns with traditional fixings.
- add 1/4 cup corn minced
- add 2 TB chili peppers