I’m sharing a yummy Valentines Shortbread Cookie recipe that I just know you are going to love! These cookies are dairy, gluten free and vegan! You really can eat healthy and delicious when following a new lifestyle.
The cooking time for this recipe may vary by quite a bit depending on the size and thickness of the cookies so just keep a close eye on them. Sometimes the temps of oven vary too. Check out the photos below and then copy off the recipe that follows. Enjoy!
Recipe for Valentines Shortbread Cookies:
Valentines Shortbread Cookies, Dairy & Gluten Free, Vegan
A Valentines Shortbread Cookie recipe that is dairy, gluten free and vegan!
- 2 ¼ cups Bobs Red Mills Gluten Free flour
- 1 cup dairy free butter such as Earth Balance coconut oil is not ideal with this GF flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- dairy free chocolate Melted Enjoy Life to drizzle over the cookies
- sprinkles and nonpareils optional
- Line a tray with parchment paper (we used a pizza style tray).
- Cream together the butter substitute, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Slowly add in the flour until combined. Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
- Turn out the dough onto parchment paper and roll until it is a little over ¼ inch thick and chill again, I tend to place it in the freezer for about 10 minutes. You want it to be pretty firm but not frozen.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use your favorite cookie cutter, this heart cutter is about 4 inches across at the widest point.
- Bake the cookies for about 18 minutes or until just before they look like they’ll start to turn golden brown, be careful not to overcook them so they don’t dry out.
- Remove from the tray and allow to cool a little bit while you melt the chocolate. Put the cookies back on the parchment paper for drizzling to help keep things tidy. Use a small spatula and carefully but quickly drizzle the chocolate across the tops of the cookies and then sprinkle with the toppings of your choice. These are tasty right away or once fully cooled you can tuck them in the freezer until you’re ready for them.
Nutritional values based on one serving
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 11mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.6mg