Just in time for Valentines Day or Mother’s Day or Just Because, here is a quick and easy microwaveable recipe for gooey Molten Lava Chocolate Mug Cake! After all, there is nothing that says love better than Chocolate! This recipe is also dairy & gluten free and paleo!
Molten Lava Chocolate Mug Cake
So get your favorite chocolates out and get ready to have a hot mug of chocolate cake! Check out these photos to make this easy recipe. Enjoy!
Recipe for Molten Lava Chocolate Mug Cake:
Chocolate Mug Cake
Easy microwaveable recipe for gooey Molten Lava Chocolate Mug Cake! This recipe is also dairy & gluten free and paleo!
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons of Raw Cacao Powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoon of Maple Syrup
- ½ cup of full fat Coconut Milk from a can
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Egg
- 1 oz. of Dark Chocolate at least 70% Cacao, broken
- Putting it all together:
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine the coconut flour, cacao powder, baking powder, maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla extract and the egg. Mix it well with a fork, until smooth.
- Divide the batter among two small microwaveable cups or a large microwaveable cappuccino cup.
- Push a few chocolate pieces just below the surface of the batter, in each cup.
- Microwave for 1 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and let it cool for 5 minutes
- Decorate with a fresh berries or topping of your choice.
The cooking time will vary based on the microwave. It takes exactly 1 minutes and 30 seconds for a 1200W microwave oven. Do not overcook. Nutritional values are based on one serving
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 194mg | Potassium: 332mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 4.8mg
This looks yummy! One thing I’ve learned through my own experience is so easy to over cook in a microwave so watch it closely.
Thanks Deb for your comments about being careful not to overcook! It doesn’t take long with a microwave to do that!
This looks delicious! I wouldn’t have to wait for a holiday to enjoy this!