The world is divided into two kinds of people. Those who like their brownies cake-like, and those who like their brownies fudgy. This post is for the latter group. This flourless chocolate brownie recipe makes a more chewy, fudgy brownie. Just because they are gluten and dairy free does NOT mean they are dry and boring. In fact, this is the most mouthwatering and moist brownie recipe I’ve ever tried!
Try it – I guarantee you won’t even miss the flour or butter. The key is to use high quality dark chocolate and cocoa powder. That will give this recipe all the rich flavor you expect. It’s also really easy to put together, but would be wonderful to serve to company – it tastes decadent and expensive.
Dairy & Gluten-Free Brownies
Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free Fudgy Brownies
- 8 squares dark chocolate -- Alter Eco is a good choice. Try using the 100% dark chocolate if you're brave!
- 1 /2 cup coconut oil organic
- 1/4 cup sugar organic
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup pure unsweetened cocoa powder organic
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate squares on medium heat.
- Add in the sugar and salt and stir until all sugar is absorbed into the mixture.
- Slowly, beat in each egg individually. Take the pan off the heat.
- Use a sifter to add the cocoa powder gradually, stirring as you go.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8" glass pan
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. The top will still look a little glossy but that's ok. A knife stuck in the middle should come out clean.
- Serve warm