This recipe for chocolate torte is gluten free. Super chocolatey, this recipe is a real treat for everyone! Tuck in!
I have to share a story with you. You all should know I absolutely love chocolate! When my boys were young I made lots of chocolate desserts and at that time I was not vegan or gluten free. I was able to get a restaurants recipe for this fabulous Chocolate Mousse and it was and still is a favorite of my boys! We lived in Montana then and we did lots of off-roading and when out in the back country one evening we came upon a moose coming across the road in front of us. I said to my son … Look what is that? He said that’s a chocolate moose mommie! We will always remember that.
That recipe from years ago had tons of cream so I’ve been experimenting. The following recipe is gluten free but can be made dairy free and reminds me of a thick Chocolate Mousse! I asked my husband for his “official comments”. He said you may quote me..”its really moist and very chocolatey..and very good.”
Chocolate Torte Gluten Free Recipe
- 6 oz Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or earth balance maybe coconut cream would be good?
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Melt the butter, coconut cream or earth balance with the semi sweet chocolate chips
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add sugar, cocoa and vanilla
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Enjoy and here’s to health!