The dish is easy to prepare, taking only minutes and tastes so flavorful! If you want to begin replacing noodles with spiralized veggies, this is an excellent dish to begin with. I hope you enjoy the flavor and textures of this dish of zucchini noodles!
I don’t use a spiralizer at home but when I go out to eat I enjoy meals that have spiralized veggies! The recipe I am sharing with you comes from Sur La Table. A small group went on an excursion event with Sur La Table and KitchenAid arranged by the International Food Blogger Conference ( IFBC ). This meal was prepared for us in the Sur La Table Corporate Test Kitchen using a new product of KitchenAid, the Spiralizer Attachment. I have it on my Christmas wish list! What an easy way to add veggies to any diet!
Zucchini Noodles with Heirloom Tomato Sauce
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp minced dill
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 yellow squash spiralized
- 2 zucchini squash spiralized
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- If not dairy free add 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium bowl add the tomatoes, olives, herbs, vinegar and 1 Tbsp olive oil and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large saute' pan over medium-high heat, add the remaining olive oil and heat until simmering. Add the garlic and salute' until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the squash noodles to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Saute' noodles just until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer noodles to a serving platter and top with marinated tomatoes and garnish with crumbled feta or nutritional yeast. Serve immediately.