Chocolate Pie and Pudding have been my favorite dessert, especially when my mother would make it. She always made a graham cracker crust with the pie. But I loved the pudding just as much as a pie. Since going Dairy Free it took awhile to find a good Dairy Free Chocolate Pie and pudding recipe that tasted the closest to normal dairy chocolate pudding that my mom would make.
Dairy Free Chocolate Pie #Vegan #Glutenfree
I use my Blendtec Blender to make this yummy pie pudding! It’s dairy-free and gluten-free, so rich and chocolatey!
The recipe for this fabulously easy and yummy Chocolate Pie Filling follows the photos.
Chocolate Pie Recipe, Dairy-Free Gluten-Free
Graham Crust Recipe follows this recipe.
Recipe for Dairy Free Chocolate Pie:
Dairy Free Chocolate Pie #vegan #glutenfree
- 1/3 cup cashews I used salted and didn't rinse
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 2/3 cup organic natural sugar
- 1/2 cup scant cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup powdered cocoa
- 1/8 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups non dairy milk I used organic soy milk vanilla flavored
- Place ALL the ingredients EXCEPT for the soy milk, in a heavy duty blender. I use a Blendtec Blender.
- Blend on whole foods pre-programmed cycle until very smooth
- Then add soy milk and blend on lowest speed briefly until blended.
- Pour the mixture into a large 4 qt saucepan and bring to a boil or until mixture thickens which takes about 5 - 8 minutes. This mixture thickens very quickly so stir often to prevent burning or scorching.
- Pour cooked mixture into either a pre baked pie crust or into pudding bowls and chill a few hours or overnight for the pie. Top the pie with shaved chocolate curls for garnish.
Graham Crust Recipe:
Did you know Enjoy Life has new Crunchy Vanilla Honey Graham Cookies (Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free)? The whole family ate them and thought they had such a nice light graham flavor. So I experimented with the leftover cookies and made this yummy Graham Crust that you can use for any pie filling ! I am in Love! I used the Chocolate Pie Recipe above for the filling.
Graham Crust Recipe (Dairy-Free and Gluten-Free):
Blend the following in a Food Processor:
- 1 box of Enjoy Life Vanilla Honey Graham Cookies
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup dairy free butter ( or real butter if you use dairy )
- Blend until Crumbly then remove from food processor and
- Pat the filling into a pie pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool
- Fill Graham Crust with Pie Filling of choice!