Holidays are the time for bringing out those special treats. How about serving these No Bake Paleo Chocolate Orange Truffles? These are also healthy with ingredients like dates, almonds and maple syrup! For those of you not familiar with paleo…these truffles are made with no grains! This recipe is also Vegan and Glutenfree. So put these on your Christmas cookie tray this year.
Recipe for No Bake Chocolate Orange Truffles:
Chocolate Orange Truffles, Paleo
- 1 cup of Medjool Dates about 12 medium sized ones, pitted
- ½ cup of Blanched Almond
- 2 tablespoons of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons of Orange zest zest of 1 large naval orange
- ½ cup of Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- If you do not have a high speed blender, soften the dates in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain and use in the next step.
- In a blender or processor, combine the dates, almonds, cocoa powder, maple syrup and the orange zest. Process until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon measure, scoop out the mixture and shape it into a smooth round ball.
- Roll the balls in the coconut flakes and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for about an hour to harden.
- Serve cold and store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.