Try this healthy recipe for frozen Banana Chia Bars! The chia seeds provides protein and fiber. These are gluten free and dairy free! Very healthy after school snacks or special holiday desserts for the kids.
All you need is a blender, bananas, honey, chia seeds and shredded coconut. Whiz and put into popsicle molds to freeze. You could get experimental and add peanut butter or mango to the mix for different flavors.
Do you have a favorite healthy popsicle recipe you use? I’d love for you to share it in the comments below.
Check out these photos and the recipe follows below.
Recipe for Frozen Banana Chia Bars:
Frozen Banana Chia Bars
Servings: 2 large bars
- 2-3 really ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon grated raw coconut
- Peel and place ripe bananas in your blender along with the honey and chia seeds.
- Blend on medium high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone popsicle tray, if needed, be sure to insert the wooden sticks first.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours or until solid.
- Remove from molds and Dip or rub the bars in finely shredded raw coconut.
Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 24mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 0.5mg
I just got chia seeds the other day. Now I have a recipe to use them in. Sounds yummy!
Is it warm enough for frozen treats still where you live? It’s not here in Alaska.