If you’re looking for a delicious dessert that’s also healthy, look no further. This Banana Cream Chia Seed Pudding is vegan, gluten free and loaded with protein and fiber. It’s so incredibly rich and creamy, you won’t believe it’s only made with three healthy ingredients. If you leave off the coconut whipped cream there is no sugar added, but it’s so good with it on!
Chia Pudding Recipe
Have you ever made chia seed pudding? If not you will be amazed at how the seed turns the milk into a creamy, tapioca-like custard, and how easy it is to make!
Despite their tiny size, chia seeds are highly nutritious. They’re packed with fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and various micronutrients. They plump up like tapicoa does making a thick custard texture.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds:
These seeds are high in antioxidants. Their compounds help protect the seed’s delicate fats while also offering us health benefits.
Chia seeds are high in protein and fiber, both of which have been shown to aid weight loss. However, studies on chia seeds and weight loss have provided mixed results.
The seeds may reduce the risk of heart disease, likely due to the fiber and ALA they contain. However, more human research is needed.
Chia is high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and ALA. All of these nutrients have been linked to improved bone mineral density.
Animal studies suggest that chia seeds may help with blood sugar management, but more human research is needed. Chia seeds are easy to prepare and often used as an egg substitute and added to oatmeal or smoothies.
Chia Seed Custard Recipe
Banana Cream Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can full fat coconut milk refrigerated
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cut banana in half - mash half and save the other half to serve on top of pudding.
- Put chia seeds in a small dessert dish or jar, top with mashed banana
- Add almond milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least two hours)
- Before serving whip coconut milk and maple syrup
- Top pudding with coconut whipped cream and sliced banana