Finding Gluten Free Dinner Rolls that are both hearty and light can be quite the challenge. Finding Gluten Free Dinner Rolls that are also dairy free can be near impossible. Even if you don’t make homemade dinner rolls for everyday weeknight dinners, it is always nice to offer them when company comes for the holidays. Something about a dinner roll with your favorite dairy-free buttery spread just seems decadent.
However, you can make your own without too much trouble, by using a Bob’s Red Mill Homemade Wonderful bread mix and then adding some of your own ingredients. I’ve always had very good luck with anything from the Bob’s Red Mill line, and I love that they have such a great selection of gluten-free mixes that can also be made dairy free.
Classic Dinner Rolls Recipe: Dairy & Gluten Free
- Here is what you'll need:
- 1 whole egg plus 3 egg whites
- 1 2/3 cups rice or coconut milk warmed to room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Bag Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Bread Mix
- Putting it all together:
- First, mix together milk and yeast packet (found in the bread mix) with a spoon in a small bowl.
- Add the oil, vinegar, eggs, and bread mix to a stand mixer. When the milk/yeast mixture is bubbling (about 5 minutes), add it to the stand mixer as well. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the mixer, and place a damp towel over the bowl and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Dollop the dough on a greased baking sheet. Each roll should be approximately 1/3 cup of batter.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 25-30 minutes. Check periodically that they are not overbrowning. Rolls are done when you can tap them with a knife and they sound hollow.
- Let cool on a wire rack and store in the refrigerator.
- These rolls freeze beautifully too, so you can make a double batch and put some in the freezer for later. Just warm them in the toaster oven or microwave before serving.
Recipe Bio: I’m Sarah White, Owner of Mindfully Frugal Mom, and I believe passionately that eating natural foods does not have to break the bank. I devote my time to creating a healthy lifestyle for my family while saving money. In my limited spare time I can be found having dance parties to musical theater with my 2 preschoolers.
Gluten Free dinner rolls just in time for the Holidays!