Scones are such a unique baked product, not really a cake or a biscuit, not really a cookie or a pastry, but yummy non the less! We have a delicious, scrumptious recipe for Chocolate Chip Scones to share! And you don’t even have to buy a special scone pan!! These are so easy to make and use almond flour. We love Enjoy Life non dairy chocolate chips for all baking. These scones are gluten, dairy free and paleo.
You will find photos below of putting these Chocolate Chip Scones together. Now excuse me as I go and grab one to eat with a cup of milk, almond of course! Recipes follows. Enjoy.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Scones
- 3 cups of blanched Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup of Maple Syrup
- ¼ of Coconut Oil softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup of Dairy free Mini Chocolate Chips Enjoy Life Brand
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner.
- In a large bowl shift together the almond flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla extract, maple syrup and the coconut oil. Whisk it well.
- Add the wet mix in to the dry shifted flour.
- Mix it well with a spatula, using gentle strokes. Make sure there are no dry spots.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Dump the sticky dough into a silicone liner or parchment paper lined baking tray.
- With wet hand gently form it into a large disk of at least ½ inch thickness. Let it chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut the chilled disk into 8 equal triangles.
- Separate the triangles and place it in another baking sheet, lined with parchment or silicone liner.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and store the leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge.
- Serve with tea or coffee or milk.