Are you thinking Spring and craving island flavors? These Coconut Cookies are so moist and yummy! They are paleo, gluten free and vegan and only have 4 ingredients! I think these would be really yummy to substitute peanut butter or almond butter for the coconut oil. Check out the photos below of putting these cookies together along with the recipe and coconut information!
Dr Axe has this to say about the benefits of coconut:
Unlike long-chain fatty acids found in plant-based oils, MCFAs from coconut are:
- Easier to digest
- Not readily stored as fat
- Antimicrobial and antifungal
- Smaller in size, allowing easier cell permeability for immediate energy
- Processed by the liver, which means that they’re immediately converted to energy instead of being stored as fat
All of this shows why this oil made from coconut makes for a true superfood, and it’s why coconut oil benefits are so plentiful and amazing.
Recipe for Coconut Cookies:
Coconut Cookies Paleo Gluten Free
- ½ cup of Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup of Coconut Oil chilled
- 2 tablespoon of Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons of Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a cookie sheet with silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Combine the coconut flour and chilled coconut oil in a bowl. With a pastry blender, or a fork or with your hands, mix thoroughly, till the coconut flour looks like wet sand and clumps when tightly squeezed.
- Add the maple syrup and the vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon or a spatula, cream it together till it forms a smooth dough.
- Divide dough into nine parts. Rolls each part into a smooth ball. Flatten with the back of a fork, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let it cool in the cookie sheet for 10 minutes and then finish cooling in a wire rack.
- Serve immediately and store in an airtight container in the fridge.