Sometimes you just have to bite into some Soft Pumpkin Cookies when the fall weather calls to your taste buds! These pumpkin cookies are vegan and gluten free, simple & delicious. I make my own pumpkin puree so we don’t have to worry about additives, preservatives and other stuff on the cans!!
Check out how to make your own delicious pumpkin puree here. I grow my own pie pumpkins, they are smaller and sweeter than the pumpkins you carve for halloween. Plus they taste so much better when you bake with them.
Recipe for making Soft Pumpkin Cookies:
Soft Pumpkin Cookies, Vegan & Gluten Free
- 2 tablespoons warm plant milk
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1/2 cup butter alternative coconut oil will work but is not ideal with this recipe, I used Melt Honey organic spread - you could try using earth balance butter alternative
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1 for 1 gluten free flour I have not tried this recipe with any other GF flour or combination of flours.
- Combine the flax meal and warm plant milk together and allow to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the sugars, spread and flax meal mixture together then slowly add in the rest of the ingredients until you have thick and smooth cookie dough.
- Spoon similarly sized blobs of dough onto parchment paper a couple inches apart. Bake for 9-12 minutes and then cool completely on racks.
- Enjoy the same day or freeze until ready to enjoy.