It is pumpkin season and my desire to cook is back after having radiation for breast cancer and going on Femara! I am craving everything pumpkin. I am sharing a great recipe that you will just love for Vegan & Gluten Free Pumpkin Mini Waffles! The recipe follows after a few pics of how to put these together.
Recipe for making Pumpkin Mini Waffles:
Pumpkin Mini Waffles
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup flax meal ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 cups flour gluten free
- 1.5 to 2 cups warm almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons soft coconut oil plus more for the waffle iron
- dash of cinnamon
- Heat the waffle iron to your preferred setting (or about medium depending on how yours works). Combine 1 cup of the warm almond milk and the flax meal together, allow to thicken for a few minutes.
- Mix everything else together with a whisk, then add in the flax meal and almond milk mixture. Grease the waffle iron with a bit a coconut oil and then add about ¼ of a cup of the batter to each waffle spot.
- Cook until the waffle iron beeps, or the steam stops coming out of the iron and the waffles are golden brown.
- You can place the hot waffles on a cooling rack to keep the edges crispy while you cook the rest of the batter. My crew doesn't wait..so I just serve up the waffles as they come off the waffle iron!