Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter
Gluten & Dairy Free
Do you like to make candy? I have a quick and easy recipe for Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter for you to try! These are also Gluten & Dairy Free and Vegan.
We use natural smooth peanut butter along with maple syrup for the filling. Enjoy Life chocolate chips are the best for melting and dipping candy! I absolutely love Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and they make great candy. I like the mini chops. If you have never tried Enjoy Life products…here is a bit about them:
- Smaller, smoother mini-chips are perfect for baking, melting, or snacking.
- Free of dairy, nuts, gluten, and soy.
- Premium Vegan chocolate, Verified Non-GMO and derived from sustainably harvested cocoa beans.
- Enjoy Life products are all natural and gluten free, wheat free, peanut free, dairy free, tree nut free, soy free, casein free, sulfite free, egg free, lupin free, sesame free, fish free, mustard free, crustacean free, and shellfish free.
The fat in Peanut Butter is the heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, the good fat your body needs. And since Peanut Butter also has lots of fiber it is good for your intestinal health.
The photos below show how this confectionary is made. The recipe for the follows the photos.
Recipe for Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Hearts
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter Creamy all natural
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips Vegan Enjoy Life Brand
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
- In a mixing bowl combine the creamy peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut flour. Mix well.
- Let the mixture rest. The coconut flour will absorb the moisture and the mixture will be ‘scoop-able’ in few minutes. You can place it in the fridge to expedite the process. The peanut mixture should look like cookie dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Place the heart shaped cookie cutter on the parchment lined sheet. Pinch off about a tablespoon of the peanut butter dough and press it into the cookie cutter. Use your fingers to press the dough evenly into a heart shape. Now first gently tap the filled cookie cutter onto the baking sheet and then use your index finger to gently press the dough out and into the lined baking sheet.
- Freeze the peanut butter hearts for an hour or until hard.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt it in the microwave in bursts of 15 seconds till melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, dip each peanut butter heart into the chocolate mixture, making sure it is completely covered in chocolate. Tap on the edge of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Carefully place it back on the baking sheet.
- Once all hearts have been coated with chocolate, place it back in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- Serve immediately or store it in an airtight container, in the fridge.