You know what is better than ice cream? Healthy Ice Cream that takes 5 minutes to make, and tastes decadently delicious! All you need is 2 ingredients for this Nutella Nice Cream! Bananas, and Nutella. That’s it. Now, if you don’t like Nutella, feel free to mix it up – peanut butter, honey, or even toasted coconut flakes would be wonderful substitutions. Or just keep it simple. These 2 ingredients make a delicious frozen treat that has the consistency of soft serve.
Just remember Nutella has dairy!
So if you can’t do the dairy in Nutella, check out these recipes for totally dairy free “nice” cream, Raspberry or Mango or Creamsickle or Pumpkin!
Gluten Free Nutella "Nice" Cream
- 3 Bananas chopped and frozen
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- Chop up the bananas into 1" pieces. Spread on a baking tray and freeze at least 12 hours or overnight.
- When the bananas are frozen, take them out and add them to a food processor or a high powered blender. I love my Blendtec.
- Add the Nutella to the blender and blend on high at least 1 minute. You make need to stop the blender, scrape the sides, and continue blending. Since the bananas will be frozen hard, it will take a bit of high powered blending to achieve the correct consistency.
- Once the mixture is completely smooth, then it's ready to serve! It will be the consistency of creamy soft-serve. If you would like it firmer, like traditional ice cream, you can put it in the freezer for at least an hour to harden it up.
- Serve Immediately.
Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 103g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 1417mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 63g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 30.8mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2.5mg
I love this idea – I like making my own ice cream and this is one to try – so easy!
I just wondered about this being dairy free because Nutella is made with milk? Is there a dairy free Nutella out there?
OH Cyndi! You are so right. I am so glad I didn’t give this to my grandson or I’d have to bring out the epi pen! Yes Nutella has dairy. I didn’t read the label….for all the reading the label that I tell everyone. Thanks for pointing this out!!
I can’t say that I know much of anything about gluten free eating but one look at this recipe and I have one word to say……NUTELLA!!
I will have to try this. Thank you for sharing.
Angela Smith says
Oh my gosh. This is the best idea EVER! I can’t wait to try it.
Looks yummy! Can’t wait to give this a try, thanks!