Are you starting to think of desserts for spring and summer? This two ingredient vegan Creamsickle is shockingly tasty-and so familiar to our childhood memories of ice cream trucks with Dreamsickles. I have a recipe that is so easy and so tasty and is all natural!
You will need some very COLD coconut cream, I like to leave a couple cans in the back of the fridge so we’re ready whenever we decide we want, no have to make some vegan ice cream. I also use the cans of cold coconut cream to whip up in place of whipping cream! Here’s a couple photos of how to make the Creamsickles and the recipe is below. And NO those are not candy oranges but frozen ones! Enjoy!
Recipe for Vegan Creamsickle:
- 1.5 cups frozen citrus pieces these are pieces of clementine, but anything in this category should work nicely.
- 2 cans of full fat coconut milk or coconut cream separated. I use only the thick hardened cold part of the coconut milk after it has been refrigerated overnight. That is why I use 2 cans since 1/2 the can will have liquid to pour off and use in another recipe such as veggie stirfry with coconut liquid
- Allow the 2 cans of full fat coconut milk to chill overnight so the solid will float to the top and the liquid will sink.
- Scoop out the solid and put into the bottom of the blender (if it is natural coconut without additives, you can use the liquid for smoothies or stirfry in other recipes)
- Add the frozen citrus and blend on high until you have a smooth consistency.
- This will start to melt quickly so it is best when enjoyed right away in a dish
- You can also freeze this nicely into pops or a freezer dish and scoop later when it is more firm.