Top 7 Essential Oil Blends
dōTERRA has many wonderful essential oil blends available for purchase at my online store Life Essentially. My favorite Essential Oil Blend is Balance! It makes me feel so centered and focused! I just love the aroma! But many people like to make their own blends using a carrier oil.
When essential oils are used alone they can create a soothing environment where you feel at peace. They can even purify your home while filling it with an amazing aroma. When combined together, they can provide you with even more benefits. Blending oils together increases their therapeutic properties. It which makes them stronger and more effective than they are when used alone.
You have the option of blending oils together yourself or buying blends already prepared by our doTERRA professionals. Either way, always search for high quality oils from a company you trust. You want to get the best value for your money. If you blend them yourself, it will be very important that you know how to do so safely and accurately.
Here are a few of the top essential oils blends used today:
- Kids: Combining Lavender, Roman Chamomile and Frankincense essential oils together makes a great blend to use for kids when they need a little help falling asleep at night or calm them during the day.
- Emotions: If you’re searching for a blend to help you overcome negative feelings so you are more confident and a little less emotional, try dōTERRA Peace Reassuring Blend.
- Upset Stomach: A Peppermint and Lemon blend works well for easing an upset stomach and its safe for kids, too.
- Bug Spray: Make your own bug spray to repel mosquitoes and other pesky insects by blending essential oils like Basil, Clove, Bergamot, Lemon and TeaTree (aka Melaleuca) together.
- Immune System: A blend of Eucalyptus, Oregano, Frankincense and Lemon will help boost your immune system and help your body fight off cold and worse bugs.
- Sleep: dōTERRA Serenity Essential Oil Calming Blend has a soothing aroma that helps relax your mind and body. It’s perfect for relieving stress, tension and anxiety and it will help you rest more peacefully when you sleep.
- Skin Wounds: Treat minor cuts, burns and other abrasions with a blend of Lavender, Frankincense and Tea Tree oils. It’s a soothing blend that promotes healing without stinging and burning the affected area.
One of the great things about essential oils is that there are so many different ways to use them, one being a diffuser. And blending oils together increases their effectiveness. By creating your own blends, you can make specific recipes to suit your family’s needs perfectly.
Oils with similar scents usually go well together. For example, lavender has a floral scent, so it should blend well with other flowery scented oils like Geranium, Jasmine and Rose. You can also blend oils together based on their therapeutic properties. However, blending oils is an art that does require a little experimenting to find out which combinations work best together. Take your time and try different receipts until you find the ones you like best.