This photo gives you an idea of what fun we had making this pumpkin nice cream! This dairy free ice cream is creamy, thick and flavorful. Plus it is vegan and gluten free!
I went to my foodie friend’s home in Fairbanks, Alaska for a visit. She even bought the ice cream maker to use! We made 5 different recipes from this dairy free ice cream cookbook, and I am happy to share the pumpkin recipe with you. I preferred the soft serve texture and consistency and she preferred freezing it in a container and dipping out balls of ice cream.
The ice cream maker we used is so simple to use, just 3 parts! I had to order that ice cream maker for myself when I returned home! Now I can make so many yummy flavors and I prefer the soft serve….so we eat it right away.
If you are like me, I miss ice cream so badly! The non dairy choices are good but not like the real thing. These recipes seemed to stop the craving for “real” ice cream. One of my favorite milkshakes, back in the day when I could have dairy, was a pumpkin milkshake. I have craved them over the years and this recipe I’m sharing with you, does the trick and puts my craving to rest!
Recipe for Pumpkin Dairy Free Ice Cream:
Pumpkin "Nice" Cream
- 1 can can 13.5 ounce full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup or 8 Medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup almond cashew or hemp milk ( we used almond )
- 1 cup pumpkin puree Organic
- 1 & 1/2 tsp & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract Organic
- 2 & 1/2 tsp & ½ tsp ground cinnamon Organic
- ½ tsp ground ginger Organic
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg Organic
- ¼ teaspoon cloves Organic
- ¼ teaspoon allspice Organic
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt fine grain
- Put the coconut milk and dates in blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the almond milk or whatever milk you are using, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, spices and salt. Puree until smooth.
- Put mixture in the freezer for about an hour OR refrigerate until cold. We even left some of the mixtures overnight in the refrigerator before making into ice cream.
- Pour into the ice cream machine and churn per the manufacturer's instructions. The one we used took 15 - 20 minutes. NOTE: be sure to put the ice cream container that will be used to make the ice cream in the FREEZER overnight before use.
- Eat right away as soft serve OR freeze until hard in a separate container and scoop after hard.
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 168mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3185IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 0.8mg
You just might want to buy yourself this dairy free ice cream recipe book! It really has yummy easy recipes: