Two great gluten free vegan pie crust recipes!
My sister Carol loves to share recipes. Recently she shared these Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crusts with me and I have not been able to stop thinking about pies! I actually made a list of 20 Vegan and Gluten-Free Pie Recipes and I can not for the life of me decide which one to make first. These crusts an be used on many different types of pies. Try a savory one or a sweet one. Make sure to come back here and tell me what you thought of it.
Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crusts
The following two recipes are from The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook p.180-181, with my changes.
Gluten-free Raw Nut No-Bake Crust
- 1 cup walnuts 1 cup blanched almonds
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- ¾ cup chopped pitted dates
- Grind nuts in a food processor.
- Add other ingredients and process several minutes until well combined.
- Mixture is ready when it holds together when pressed between your fingers.
- Press firmly into the bottom and sides of a lightly oiled 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- Pour cooled pie contents, of your choice, into crust and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Gluten-free Granola Nut Crust
- 1 cup rolled oats 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup ground walnuts or pecans ¼ cup light olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup flour any kind
- In large bowl combine first 4-ingredients and mix well.
- In a different bowl combine oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Mix and pour into the oat mixture and stir well.
- Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- For pies that require further baking, bake about 8 minutes or until set. For refrigerator pies, bake about 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool completely before filling