Instant Pots are really useful for making these tender, Short Ribs! This recipe uses beer, so if you are gluten free then substitute the Guinness Beer for a Gluten Free variety of beer. There are many on the market now.
The recipe follows the photos below. Hope you enjoy this recipe for Short Ribs.
Recipe for Instant Pot Short Ribs:
Instant Pot Short Ribs
- 3 pounds of boneless beef short ribs
- 1 bottle of Guinness beer or Gluten Free Beer
- 4 cups quality vegetable beef or chicken stock or broth
- 5 to 6 cups of washed, peeled and large chopped carrots, celery, golden beets, onion and radishes, amounts of each to your preference
- Fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Heat the olive oil using the Sauté setting on high, then cook and brown the onions (I use a glass lid to help steam and fully cook the onions and then brown them with the lid off after they are translucent).
- Pour in the beer and broth or stock.
- Set in the short ribs, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.
- Then add the rest of the vegetables on top.
- Hit the Keep Warm/ Cancel button to turn off
- Select the Meat/Stew setting on LOW and set to 45 minutes.
- Allow to natural pressure release for 15 minutes and then quick release if it has not already on its own.
- Ensure the meat is just as tender as you would like, if not, replace the lid and reset the timer and cooking setting for another 8 minutes. When you are happy with the tenderness of the meat, remove the meat and cover to rest.
- Switch the cooking mode back over to Sauté to keep the heat high and start to reduce the vegetables and broth that is in the pot.
- When you are happy with the taste of the broth/sauce in the pot, your meal is ready to serve!