This is the time of year I begin to use Clove Essential Oil more often. It has such a wonderful fragrance and flavor! Did you know that Clove gets its name from the Latin word clavus, meaning “nail.” This is a fitting name, as the buds of clove resemble small tacks or nails.
6 Ways to Use Clove Essential Oil
- Clove oil can be especially useful for dental hygiene. For years, Clove essential oil has been used in candies, gum, and dental preparations due to its ability to cleanse the mouth and help freshen breath. There are several ways to harness the cleansing and soothing benefits of Clove oil for the teeth, gums, and mouth at home. For example, place a single drop of Clove oil in two ounces of water and gargle for a soothing effect. You can also add one drop of Clove to your toothpaste, which will promote clean teeth and fresh breath. For an extra clean feeling, apply one drop of Clove oil to your teeth and gums after your six month appointment with your dentist.
- Emotional balance is of the utmost importance in maintaining a healthy body. Even ordinary events such as stress can result in changes to the normal workings of the body. For example, many times our gastrointestinal (digestive) tract lets us know that we are under stress. Recent findings in a peer-reviewed scientific journal demonstrate that eugenol, the chief component of Clove essential oil, assists the body in maintaining normal gastrointestinal motility even during times of stress.* The authors theorize that eugenol acts on stress-responsive regions of the brain, promoting balanced levels of stress-response hormones that are released throughout the body, which helps keep the gastrointestinal tract functioning properly.*
3. Because of its warm, spicy characteristics, Clove essential oil makes the perfect addition to your favorite autumn or holiday recipes. This essential oil pumpkin pie recipe harnesses the delicious, spicy flavor of Clove.
4. Not only is the spicy, autumn flavor of Clove oil great for cooking, but for making your own great body products! This skin exfoliating scrub you can make at home by combining the fall scents of Cassia, Ginger, and Clove essential oil, and enjoy smooth, exfoliated skin. You’ll love this festive fall sugar scrub that smells like a crisp autumn day.
5. Add Clove oil to your daily supplement regimen to help promote wellness. Consider adding two or three drops of oil to a doTERRA Veggie Capsule and take internally.
Check my online site to get your essential oils at Life Essentially.
6. Use Clove in a diffuser and have the wonderful fragrance in your room all day. Or you could just make these sweet treats for your loved ones with this delicious gingerbread cookie recipe.These yummy gingerbread cookies are gluten- free, sugar-free, and vegan and they taste great!
Clove’s Eugenol Helps Maintain Normal Gastrointestinal Motility
Garabadu D, Shah A, Singh S, Krishnamurthy S. Protective effect of eugenol against restraint stress-induced gastrointestinal dysfunction: Potential use in irritable bowel syndrome. Pharm Biol. 2015;53(7):968-974.