The only thing better than delicious Chicken Cacciatore for dinner, is Chicken Cacciatore that you didn’t have to slave over, instead your crock pot did all the work! Serve it in a bowl all by itself or put it over something that will soak up its flavors. Great for pot lucks and family get togethers. No matter how you eat it, it is sure to be a favorite.
Chicken Cacciatore Crock Pot Recipe, Gluten and Dairy Free
My recipe below is both dairy-free and gluten-free! It is a super easy one pot meal that you can serve on top of rice, spaghetti squash or gluten-free pasta. It is minimal ingredients, but packed full of flavor. Clean up is easy after making this and dinner tastes better because you feel like you did less work!
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 2 stalks of celery sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 large bell peppers any color, diced
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- Turn your slow cooker to high while you get your ingredients ready.
- Place the coconut oil in the bottom of the slow cooker and allow it to melt.
- Place the remaining ingredients into the slow cooker and reduce the slow cooker to low.
- Cook for 7-8 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked rice, spaghetti squash, or hot cooked gluten free pasta
Making dinner in my crock-pot is one of my favorite ways to cook. Do you have a favorite dairy-free and gluten-free crock-pot recipe? I am stuck between this delicious Chicken Cacciatore and Navy Bean Soup.