Did you think that eating gluten and dairy free would mean boring food and giving up your favorites? I have a fantastic recipe for a Biscuit Chicken Skillet Dinner that is both dairy and gluten free!
While you are at it, check out our recipe for dairy and gluten free Lasagna!
Biscuit Chicken Skillet Dinner, Dairy and Gluten Free
Yes you can have the soothing comfort food you love and enjoy. This recipe is also clean eating! Check out the photos of putting this recipe together below and following the photos you will find the recipe. Enjoy!
Recipe for Biscuit Chicken Skillet Dinner, Dairy and Gluten FREE
Biscuit Chicken Skillet Dinner
- 3 cups cooked shredded organic chicken mixed with your favorite brown gravy in a large skillet. We use this dairy, egg, gluten free organic brown gravy mix!
- 1.5 cups of cooked carrots spread across the top of the chicken
- 1 cup nut milk or plain dairy free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups plus 1/8 of a cup of gluten free flour plus one extra tablespoon to sprinkle on the counter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 heaping teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 4 tablespoons dairy free ‘butter’ we use Earth Balance or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the yogurt (or nut milk) with lemon juice and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda & powder along with the salt.
- Cut or break in the dairy free butter or coconut oil until the flour starts to ever so slightly seem damp and stick when squeezed together in your hand.
- Slowly add in the yogurt (nut milk) and lemon mix with a spatula or wooden spoon. You’ll want the batter to be slightly wet and sticky.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, turn over on itself a few times, avoid rolling and over working the dough.
- Press down until the dough is about 2/3 of an inch thick then cut out as many biscuits as needed to cover most of the top of the skillet. I push the left over dough into a quick circle and add it to the rest.
- Optional: add a little more dairy free butter or avocado oil and salt to the top of the biscuits.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown on top and cooked through when you carefully lift one up and check the underside.