If you’re looking for a meal that’s easy to prepare and light, yet high in protein and very healthy look no further. This Chickpea Salad Stuffed Avocado is the perfect quick and easy meal to whip up, and is gluten free and vegan. Using the scooped out middles of the avocado reduces the amount of mayonnaise needed to make this chickpea salad nice and creamy. Carrots add a nice crunch, and you get to eat every last bite of your avocado.
Chickpea Stuffed Avocado Recipe
When scooping out the avocado, use a paring knife and score a line outside where the pit used to be and remove the very middle. Leave some around the edges so you can get avocado in every bite when you eat this tasty dish.
Chickpea Stuffed Avocado Recipe, Vegan Gluten Free
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayo such as Vegenaise or Just Mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- Scoop the center of the avocado, and put in a medium mixing bowl
- Add chickpeas and mash together with a fork, until desired texture
- Add carrots, mayo, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt. Mix thoroughly with your fork
- Spoon chickpea mixture into hollowed out avocados