I love stuffed peppers! Here is a new way to make them – Pizza Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Peppers! Yes they are dairy and gluten free! The recipe only calls for 2 peppers cut in half. So if you want to make more be sure and double your recipe below.
Pizza Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Peppers, Gluten and Dairy Free
The highest amount of Vitamin C in a bell pepper is concentrated in the red variety. Red bell peppers contain several phytochemicals and carotenoids, particularly beta-carotene, which lavish you with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. The capsaicin in bell peppers has multiple health benefits including increasing your metabolism. They also contain Vitamin B6 and Folate.
Recipe for Pizza Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Peppers, Gluten and Dairy Free
Pizza Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Peppers
- 1 pkg Beef Bacon
- 2 Whole Bell Peppers
- Sausage slices of your choosing if you eat it.
- 8 oz Dairy-Free Cheese Daiya Mozzarella is great!
- 16 oz Pizza or Marinara Sauce
- Slice your bell pepper in half and scrape out the insides.
- Next, pour a bit of pizza sauce inside the pepper and make sure a thin layer is spread out evenly.
- Line the pepper with sausage slices and put another layer of sauce on top of it.
- Then lay your dairy-free cheese over the opening of the pepper on top of the sausage slices.
- NOTE: Do not end with a layer of sauce because it will not bbq well.
- Next, wrap the bacon around your stuffed bell pepper & Daiya cheese as shown in the photo.
- Place on the grill for about 15-20 minutes and enjoy!