This is the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe! They are sweet confection!
These cookies are easy to make and actually spread like baking old fashioned chocolate-chip cookies! I use coconut flour and coconut oil instead of butter or shortening. My husband gobbled them up.
About Coconut oil:
Due to its mild flavor and high smoke point, refined coconut oil is a better choice for baking and cooking. However, minimally processed unrefined coconut oil may be better for skin and hair care, as well as certain dietary preferences.
Bob’s Red Mill says:
When baking with coconut oil, it is generally substituted for other fats on a 1:1 basis. If a recipe calls for ½ cup butter, you can use ½ cup coconut oil. When using coconut oil in place of butter for pie crusts, it is important to use solid, room temperature coconut oil to create a flakier crust.
About Coconut Flour:
Web MD shares that “Coconut flour is thicker than wheat flour and retains more liquid. Because it is gluten-free, doughs made with coconut flour need to be mixed longer.”
These sweet chocolate confections are such a great snack or dessert anytime of the year. You’ll have to check out all my cookie recipes!
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Coconut Chocolate Chip Gluten-Free Cookie Recipe
- 8 oz coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 large organic eggs
- 7 tbsp shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt honey and coconut oil together in microwave then mix and add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add to the above mixture the sea salt, coconut flour, shredded coconut and mix. Then add the choc chips and fold in.
- Drop by Tablespoon-fuls onto parchment paper lined baking sheets and bake 15 minutes.
Here’s to Health! Colleen