Even without any food restrictions, making a loaf of homemade sandwich Bread can be a challenge. It has to have the right texture – light but firm enough to stand up to whatever fillings you choose.
Attempting homemade sandwich bread usually results in several rounds of trial and error. Thankfully, I’ve done all that for you and have a recipe for a gorgeous, delicious loaf of sandwich bread that is gluten-free AND vegan!
It doesn’t taste like a “special” loaf of bread. This recipe has been tested on people with all sorts of preferences, allergies, and restrictions, and they all love it!
This recipe must have 47 steps and take a day and a half, right? Not at all. In just 30 minutes of hands-on time (90 minutes of rising/cooking time), you can have a warm loaf of bread fresh from the oven. You could even make it easier by using a Bread Machine. This is the Bread Machine that I use which has a Gluten Free menu setting. I make about half of my bread using the oven and the other half using this bread machine, I love it.
Here’s what you’ll need for this Gluten Free Bread:
Welcome to Tempting Tuesday's Recipe: Making Gluten Free Vegan Bread
- 1 Bag of Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Bread Mix
- 1 2/3 cup coconut milk warmed slightly
- 7 1/2 tsp EnerG egg replacer
- 5 tbs warm water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a glass bowl, combine the warm milk with the yeast packet that comes in the Bob's Red Mill Bread Mix. Let sit for 5 minutes, until frothy.
- Combine the EnerG egg replacer with the warm water in a separate small bowl. Whisk vigorously until there are no lumps.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the bread mix, egg replacement mix, oil, and vinegar.
- Mix on medium for 3 minutes.
- Spoon the dough into an oiled bread pan and let rise, covered, in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes. Tap the loaf, and if it sounds hollow, it is done. Cover with foil after the first ten minutes of baking to prevent over-browning.
- Let cool and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links or be sponsored. Please see our Disclosure Policy.