Here is a yummy way to use summer fruit in a light dessert! This is an easy recipe for vanilla cupcakes with nectarine frosting! Don’t they just make your mouth drool? Check out the recipe below and enjoy! I would probably even throw in a few chunks of nectarines into the cake batter to bake – yum!
Vanilla Cupcakes with Nectarine Frosting
Vanilla Cupcakes with Nectarine Frosting, Gluten Free
- 1 Nectarine
- 1 Gluten-Free Pillsbury Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 Buttercream or White Frosting Some are Dairy Free
- Bake the cupcakes according to the directions located on the cake mix box.
- While the cupcakes are baking, slice the nectarine and place it in a food processor to be finally chopped. Make sure there are no large chunks. If you want a thinner frosting as shown in the photos, add just a dash of unsweetened almond milk to your nectarines and mix together in food processor.
- Place desired frosting in a bowl and pour nectarine mixture over the top. Stir well. If the frosting is a little too thin (if you added the almond milk) place in the freezer for a few minutes to thicken.
- Once cupcakes are finished cooking - allow them to cool before adding the frosting.
- If you have a frosting bag handy or even a Ziploc baggy, place your frosting inside and top the cupcakes generously. Add a small slice of nectarine if desired, for garnish.