This Very Berry Applesauce recipe that my friend Gwen is sharing adds a little zip to your normal kind of applesauce. You can use store bought, frozen or fresh berries. Depending on the weather you can make this traditionally on the stovetop or if its hot out you can make it in the Microwave!
Very Berry Apple Sauce
- 4 apples peeled and cored
- 1 cup fresh raspberries 6 oz container
- 1 cup fresh blackberries 6 oz container
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp Splenda or natural sweetener of your choice
- Dice apples and place in medium pan.
- Combine sugar, water and cinnamon with apples and cook over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil,cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir frequently and cook until apples are soft. (approximately 10-12 minutes)
- Mash apples with potato masher and remove from stove.
- Stir in raspberries and blackberries. Serve warm.
- Microwave Directions
- Dice apples and place in medium microwave safe container.
- Combine sugar, water and cinnamon with apples and microwave until apples are soft.(Approximately 8 minutes)
- Mash apples with potato masher.
- Stir in raspberries and blackberries. Serve Warm.
Gwen is a stay at home mom to a 9-year-old daughter and 14-year-old step-son. I have been married for 10 years and each day brings new adventures in our relationship. I am beginning my journey into home schooling and really love the flexibility that staying home offers me. One of my favorite things to do is cook. I love having my children right along side of me because it opens their minds and taste buds to new things. I am new at cooking Gluten and Dairy Free and have surprisingly found many great recipes my whole family loves. You can find me on Twitter and Pinterest.