I know that I have had requests for Oatmeal Pancakes. So I wanted to pass on one version of Vegan Gluten -Free Oatmeal Pancakes served with Honeyed Mangoes. But any fruit in a cooked sauce would be tasty on these I am sure. These are very quick and easy to make, perfect for busy mornings.
Oatmeal Pancakes with Honeyed Mangoes
- 1/2 cup quick oats gluten-free OR coarsely ground GF Oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Ingredients for Honeyed Mangoes:
- 1 or 2 Mangoes
- 5 tsp agave
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Coat a small skillet with cooking spray and warm up.
- Spread Oat Mixture into pan, flattening like a pancake.
- Cook on low/medium heat until bottom is brown.
- Carefully flip over and brown other side.
- Slide Oatmeal Pancake onto plate and serve with Honeyed Mangoes.
- For Easy Honeyed Mangoes:
- Peel and slice Ripe Mangoes in strips
- Place Mangoes in a medium, microwave safe bowl.
- Add 5 Tsp Agave and 1 Tsp Nutmeg to the Mangoes
- Stir to Coat
- Microwave for 3 1/2 - 5 minutes, until mangoes are tender.
- Stir Mangoes to make sure they are evenly coated and serve over pancakes
I hope you enjoy these Oatmeal Pancakes!
Bio for Gwen M: I am a stay at home mom to a 9-year-old daughter and 14-year-old step-son. I have been married for 10 years and each day brings new adventures in our relationship. I am beginning my journey into home schooling and really love the flexibility that staying home offers me. One of my favorite things to do is cook. I love having my children right along side of me because it opens their minds and taste buds to new things. I am new at cooking Gluten and Dairy Free and have surprisingly found many great recipes my whole family loves. You can find me on Twitter and Pinterest.