I have grown so fond of making my own Instant Pot Soy Yogurt. I’ve tried making Almond Yogurt but so far I can’t get it to set up without additional gelling agents. I’m going to tell you how to make your own soy yogurt! This recipe for Soy Yogurt is so easy and so tasty and thick, I don’t buy yogurt in the store anymore! My hubby likes his yogurt with granola and fruit but I love mine topped with home chopped mixed nuts. It’s like a treat! So yummy.
Instant Pot Soy Yogurt
I have found that making soy yogurt works best using a soy milk that has no additives. There are only 2 brands I have found that contain just soy beans and water – Westsoy and Eden, either work well. If you have to eat dairy free you are going to love this soy yogurt! It is way so much better than anything you can buy in the store! And you know what is in it and you can add your own toppings!
Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
Recipe for Instant Pot Soy Yogurt:
Instant Pot Soy Yogurt
- 32 ounces of Westsoy organic unsweetened soy milk I use the shelf stable boxed milk.
- 4 tablespoons of yogurt with live and active cultures we used Foreger’s plain cashew yogurt it is thick, creamy and has a nice taste of its own.
To Clean Your Jars:
- Pre wash your canning jars, lids and rings. I use wide mouth pint jars. Add 1 cup of water to the inner pot, place the empty jars/containers you plan to use on the wire rack inside the inner pot, lock on the lid and set the valve to seal. Then press the Steam mode for 2 minutes. Let it cool naturally.
Making the yogurt:
- Thoroughly combine the 4 Tablespoons yogurt and soy milk together. ( I have also used just the Westsoy Organic soy milk in my blender and added 7 probiotic capsules instead of the 4 Tablespoons of yogurt, blended it well and added it to my jars straight from the blender. That works just as well. )
- Pour mixed soy milk into jars, put the lids and rings on the jars loosely. Set the jars into the inner pot that is inside the IP. I DO NOT use the rack or place water inside the IP inner pot where the jars go.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to "vent" you do not want it set to seal!!
- Push the Yogurt mode button and adjust the time up for 13 hours. (The pot will read “Yogt” on the display). In this setting the time will actually count up instead of down. Make sure the top valve is set to ‘venting.’
- When the time has ended, carefully take out the containers and set on the counter for about 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. The longer it sits the thicker it will be.
- Do not stir the yogurt at any point during this chilling and setting processes.
- That’s it, its really this simple! The yogurt should keep well for about a week when in a sealed container and refrigerated.