Oh how I love anything made with Cherry Sauces! I can remember when I was young my mother made rice pudding all the time for my uncle but it had pineapple in it and I never liked the flavor. So, I never made or ate rice pudding after that. But this recipe that Gwen is sharing with us has Cherry Sauce! Ohhh mmm I must try this. I would never have thought to make a rice pudding with Cherry Sauce. Thanks Gwen for sharing!
Vegan Rice Pudding with Cherry Sauce
Rice Pudding with Cherry Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati Rice
- 7 cups Vanilla Soy Milk divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- 1 cup water and 1 cup hot water divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- Rice Pudding
- Rinse rice until water is clear.
- In Large Sauce Pan or Pot, combine rice, sugar,vanilla, 2 cups of milk,and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- When milk is absorbed add 1 cup of milk. Stir frequently.
- Repeat 3 more times waiting till milk is absorbed each time.
- When 6th cup of milk has been added remove from heat and let mixture cool.
- Once cool, stir in remaining cup of milk and serve.
- Cherry Sauce:
- In small saucepan, combine water, sugar, and cherries
- Cook over medium heat until cherries start to break down.
- Let mixture boil over low heat for several minutes.
- Combine 1 cup hot water and flour together.
- Add flour mixture gradually to cherry mixture until texture is desired.
- Reduce heat and serve.
Bio for Gwen M: I am a stay at home mom to a 9-year-old daughter and 14-year-old step-son. I have been married for 10 years and each day brings new adventures in our relationship. I am beginning my journey into home schooling and really love the flexibility that staying home offers me. One of my favorite things to do is cook. I love having my children right along side of me because it opens their minds and taste buds to new things. I am new at cooking Gluten and Dairy Free and have surprisingly found many great recipes my whole family loves. You can find me on Twitter and Pinterest.