Banana Chocolate Chip Bread – Gluten Free Dairy Free
I had the chance to try out the Mockmill Home Grain Mill and knew I wanted to make a gluten free, dairy free bread that used besan flour. Besan flour is aka Chick-pea or Gram Flour. You can check out my review of the Mockmill Home Grain Mill HERE.
We are offering a Special Sale just for my readers to have the chance to get a Mockmill Starter Kit! There are 3 different Kits to choose from that come with 3-4 different grains ready to use and a book especially about milling your own flour – all this for only $179 including shipping! (using my coupon code: mydairyfreeglutenfreelife) Check the sale out HERE!
Back to the recipe for this delicious Banana Chocolate Chip Bread. This recipe is healthy, using great ingredients like apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and lots of other healthy things. The bread also rose nicely, even being gluten free! I love using these smaller commercial bread pans for gluten free breads. They bake through the loaf better and don’t seem to make the edges of the bread as dark. This bread would be very good with 1/2 cup ground walnuts in it too!
My cousin was visiting from the lower 48 when I made this bread. She loved the taste! You would not know this is gluten free! In fact I wasn’t home when my hubby got home. I had already cut a couple pieces of bread for my cousin and myself so the loaf of bread was on the table. When I got home my hubby said he’d eaten a bunch of the banana bread and wondered where I “bought” it! I said I baked it and he was amazed. He said it tastes so good. I told him it only has besan flour in it and he said you gotta make that again! You can buy Besan Flour here.
Here is the recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Bread below:
Banana Bread with Freshly Milled Besan Flour Dairy Free Gluten Free
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups besan flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips - dairy free I used Enjoy Life
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 8x3 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, honey, vanilla extract, eggs, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and chocolate chips; mix until well combined and creamy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Cover with foil and Bake for 45 - 50 minutes - Remove foil last 10 minutes to help brown if needed.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then carefully invert, remove bread from pan and place back on wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 12 slices.