This is the perfect time of the year to use up those lovely garden veggies and make this wonderful Ratatouille Recipe – Dairy & Gluten Free! I love the combination of zucchini, squashes, eggplants, basil and tomatoes. I may even add onions to this mixture next time! Tell me how you like it and enjoy!
Zuccini is so yummy and can be used in so many different recipes. Did you know Zucchini contains NO fat, and is high in water and fiber which is good for your gut! It is high in vitamin B6, riboflavin, folate, C, K, and minerals, like potassium and manganese.
Check out the photos below of how this yummy dish was made! Ratatouille Recipe – Dairy & Gluten Free follows the photos.
Ratatouille Recipe - Dairy & Gluten Free
- 2 small Yellow/Summer Squash
- 2 small Zucchini
- 2 small Chinese or Japanese Eggplants
- 3 to 4 firm Roma Tomatoes
- 1 26 oz jar Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp Herb de Provence
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 leaves Fresh Basil more for garnish
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.Slice the zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant and the tomatoes into thin rounds.In the cast iron pan, add the tomato sauce, olive oil, herb de Provence, chopped basil, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Give everything a good mix.Arrange the sliced vegetables in alternating patterns, like we did eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini and tomato, on top of the sauce from the outer edge to the middle of 12" cast iron pan. Brush the exposed part of the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until the vegetables are soft and tender.Garnish with more fresh basil.Serve with a side of gluten free bread or over gluten-free pasta.NotesIf the vegetables seems to burn or brown too much, cover the pan with foil.Instead of 12" cast iron pan, you can use a 12 inch round or oval casserole or a 9x11 baking dish.