Have you had spaghetti squash? While it tastes fantastic roasted, it comes out great in the microwave too which makes it perfect for when it’s too hot out to turn on the oven. This Rainbow Pepper Spaghetti Squash can be made in under 20 minutes if you microwave your spaghetti squash. It’s a perfect weeknight supper.
Rainbow Pepper Spaghetti Squash Recipe
To cook spaghetti squash in the microwave, simply pierce all over with a fork and microwave on high for about 2-3 minutes per pound. Once it’s cool enough to handle, cut in half, scoop out seeds and shred into “spaghetti”.
Rainbow Pepper Spaghetti Squash
- 1 small to medium spaghetti squash
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 each of a small green orange, red and yellow bell pepper (or any combination you have on hand), chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- juice of half a lime 1-2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cook squash in microwave or roast at 375 degrees for about an hour. When cool enough to handle scoop out seeds and transfer "spaghetti" into a mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet
- Add garlic, peppers, cumin, chili powder and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add lime juice and water and simmer for a few more minutes until peppers are tender-crisp.
- Add pepper mixture to squash and mix
this looks so good! i love spaghetti!
Lisa Coomer Queen says
Yummy! This looks delicious! I can’t wait to try it. I already have it pinned. Thanks for the gluten free recipe!
Thanks for pinning it and come back and tell us how it turns out for you.
Brittanie @Simplistically Living says
This looks quite tasty! Thanks for sharing it at the #HomeMattersParty. We hope to see you again on Friday!
Amy | Canary Street Crafts says
I’m obsessed with spaghetti squash right now and always looking for new ways to serve it. Definitely trying this! Thanks for sharing your recipe at Your Turn To Shine!
That looks delicious! I love how colorful it its!
That looks great! I have used spaghetti squash before, if only I could get my husband on board! Thanks for linking up with Idea Box!
Theresa @DearCreatives says
Your recipe looks really good! I haven’t made spaghetti squash in a long time I’ll have to watch for them and try your recipe.