There is nothing – nothing – that says the holidays like homemade Fudge. Whether you gift it or eat it all yourself (and I wouldn’t blame you!), Fudge is the perfect holiday treat. This Pumpkin Spice Fudge Recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas and is so easy to make.
In our family, we traditionally only eat Fudge around the Christmas holiday. I love it so much, however, I’d like to extend the “Fudge Season” to Thanksgiving as well. Hence Pumpkin Spice Fudge. This pumpkin spice fudge recipe marries together two of the quintessential desserts of the season — fudge and pumpkin pie. Both are favorites at my house. Plus, it’s easy to make this Pumpkin Spice Fudge Dairy Free when using sweetened condensed coconut milk. Just be sure, when making the sweetened condensed coconut milk, that you use FULL FAT coconut milk for best results. This is a dessert, after all! And you’re getting plenty of Vitamins from the pumpkin, so no worries!
Now everyone can enjoy Fudge, minus the dairy and gluten! You can also get Sweetened Condensed coconut milk from Amazon, which is what I use now:
Pumpkin Spice Fudge Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Fudge Recipe: Dairy & Gluten Free
- What you'll need:
- 1 cup sweetened condensed coconut milk this is completely dairy free, and you can make it with Maple Syrup instead of honey if you are vegan
- 1 cup pumpkin puree I used canned
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- How to make it:
- In a medium sauce pan, warm the sweetened condensed milk, and then add the pumpkin puree. Stir constantly till the whole mixture is warmed through. Do not boil.
- Add the cinnamon, ginger, and cloves, and stir in gently. Let simmer on low for 1 minute until everything is combined.
- Line a 8"x8" pan with parchment paper. Pour the fudge mixture into the pan and place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Remove from freezer and cut into 1" squares. Store in the refrigerator.
- Freezing will keep it at a good consistency; in the refrigerator it will get a little mushy, but it's firm and delicious from the freezer.