Who doesn’t like Mac n Cheeze? This dairy free, gluten free recipe uses Miyoko’s Creamery Aged English Sharp Farmhouse vegan cheese wheel for the velvety cheezy flavor in this Instant Pot Mac n Cheeze. As I sit here putting this recipe together I am eating crackers with Miyoko’s Double Cream Chive Vegan cheese wheel! If you haven’t experienced Miyoko’s yet, you must try this dairy free option! They are Vegan, organic, nonGMO and of course dairy free!
This photo shows what you will need to make this Instant Pot Mac n Cheeze, with photos of putting it together in the Instant Pot. If you eat plant based, just substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth. Recipe follows. Enjoy.
Instant Pot Mac n Cheese
- 1 pound of gluten free pasta
- ½ cup vegan cheese
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 cups water or 5 total cups liquid stock or water
- 1 teaspoon quality salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- fresh basil
- Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot inner pot and stir well for a minute or so. Twist on the locking lid and select the Manual setting.I cooked this exact pasta for 4 minutes-you will want to cook your pasta for HALF of the time listed on YOUR pasta packaging. For example, if it says to cook it for 8 to 10 minutes, you might choose to set the pot for 4 or 5 minutes total. When the cook time has ended and the pot beeps, let it rest and natural pressure release for 2 minutes before carefully covering the vent with a damp cloth and releasing the rest of the pressure. *waiting those two minutes will help reduce the amount of starchy liquid that sometimes comes out of the vent when releasing the pressure. Carefully covering with a cloth is also an important step to prevent that possible spray from injuring anyone and making a mess. Remove the lid once it unlocks and stir the pasta (removing the separated tomato skins if you want). The sauce will thicken after resting for a few minutes. Top with a bit of fresh basil and tomato.