Chili is something I love in the fall! This Easy Vegan Chili is good topped with non dairy sour cream or avocados! This chili has no animal protein. The beans are the protein for this meal and what makes it so easy is using organic canned beans. Sometimes you just want a quick easy meal. I wash my beans off under cool running water to get any additives off the beans. Then just add some homemade cornbread made with plant milk and you have lots of hearty comfort food for dinner!
This recipe for Vegan Chili starts with onions that you saute’ with spices. Add the tomatoes and canned beans and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes. The longer you simmer them the more the spice flavors emerge. Check out the photos below, recipe follows. Enjoy.
Easy Vegan Chili
- 3 cans Mixed Chili Beans I like kidney, pinto and small red
- 1 large can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- ½ cup hot water mixed with 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- Saute' the onions in the oil with all seasonings until golden brown.
- Add in beans and tomatoes and stir well.
- Allow the chili to simmer for at least 30 minutes, the longer it simmers the more the flavors will come together.
- We enjoyed this with ripe avocado and plain cashew yogurt.