This week I want to share an Easy One Pot Meal that is Gluten Free and can easily be made Vegan! Eating Gluten Free does not mean you have to give up eating dishes with pasta. Since I have found some great brands of pasta I am happily exploring making some casseroles again. My husband ate two thirds of this 9 x 13 Casserole I made. So I know you will love it! I used Tuna for this casserole but you could easily replace the Tuna for Chicken or Beef OR Vegan Beyond Meat or other Meatless products. This recipe is Dairy-Free also.
Gluten Free Noodle Casserole Recipe
You will need:
One 12 ounce box of spiral gluten free pasta
2 onions diced
1 cup protein ( I used Tuna )
1/3 cup Whole Cashews
1 cup of frozen peas or mixed veggies
Sauce for the casserole ( Mix all in blender until smooth and set aside ):
2 cups hot water
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup Vegenaise
1 Tablespoon Vegan Chicken seasoning – gluten free
2 Tablespoons soy sauce – gluten free
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp celery salt
Putting it all together:
1. Use a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. Drizzle olive oil on the bottom
3. Place the dry noodles evenly over the bottom
4. Place Meat Substitute over the noodles mixed with 1/3 cup whole Cashews
5. Place Onions and Frozen Peas or Veggies over the Protein & Cashews ( I just used onions )
6. Pour the Sauce mixture, that you blended in a blender, over the whole casserole. Add water on top to make sure noodles are covered. Sprinkle with dill and cover with foil.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.