I absolutely love this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars! I have missed having an ooey gooey, moist cookie bar recipe to turn to. This recipe lasted only 2 days at my home and I made it in a 15 x 10.5 inch baking pan. I have to confess there are only 2 of us here so you know we ate quite a lot in only 2 days…particularly my NON Gluten-free husband. He adores these! I used a recipe from The Holiday Kosher Baker Traditional & Contemporary Holiday Desserts by Paula Shoyer. I have permission from the author to post this recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
G l u t e n – f r e e • n o n – G e b r o k t s • P a r v e
This is the first time I have baked with Potato Starch and I was pleasantly surprised! I made very few changes to this recipe. Since it calls for a 9 x 13 inch pan and I only had available a 15x 10.5 inch pan, I made 1 & 1/2 times the recipe. *NOTE: The recipe given below is for a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Makes 24 2-inch (5-cm) square bars or 39 1 X 3-inch (2.5 x 8-cm) bars. My comment would be, to make sure and use parchment paper in the bottom of your baking dish regardless if you use grease. It will definitely help keep the bottom from browning too much as the author says. This is a very EASY recipe.
I found the batter to be very thick, almost like a bread dough. I patted it into my greased pan because I didn’t have parchment paper to use. I will use parchment paper next time just to have lighter crust bottom. This recipe is a delicious, very easy and very yummy, moist and rich tasting cookie bar as you can see from my photo. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe, Gluten-Free & Dairy- Free
- 2 cups sugar 440g. organic
- 2 large eggs organic
- 1 cup Safflower oil plus extra for Greasing pan
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar I didn't have vanilla sugar so used Vanilla Extract
- 3¼ cups ground almonds 390g. I used Bob's Red Mill Almond meal/flour
- ¼ cup potato starch 40g. I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips 180g. I used 2 cups Enjoy Life vegan semi sweet mini chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla sugar into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Add the ground almonds and potato starch and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix to distribute.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the edges are brown, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs on it.
- Let cool. Lift out the parchment and then cut into squares or bars.