I don’t know about you but I love Pumpkin anytime of the year and I love Curry just as much. I think using both in a fantastic soup called Pumpkin Curry Soup is a marriage made in heaven!
My daughter-in-law, Becky, is a fantastic cook and is sharing some of her recipes so you will get some easy, kid friendly recipes this year! This Pumpkin Curry Soup, Becky modified from a recipe in A Taste of Home, It is gluten-free and dairy-free!
Pumpkin Curry Soup Recipe
Easy One Pot Meals Recipe: Pumpkin Curry Soup
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour or cornstarch
- 1 tsp curry powder or to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can 15 ounces solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp honey or agave
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Sour cream and chives optional - You can use Better Than Sour Cream by Toffuti
- In a large saucepan, sauté the mushrooms and onions in coconut oil until tender. Stir in gluten free flour and curry powder until blended. Gradually add the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the pumpkin, milk, honey, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; heat through. Garnish individual servings with sour cream and chives if desired.