I don’t know about you but I love Pumpkin anytime of the year and I love Curry just as much. I think using both in a fantastic soup called Pumpkin Curry Soup is a marriage made in heaven!
My daughter-in-law, Becky, is a fantastic cook and is sharing some of her recipes so you will get some easy, kid friendly recipes this year! This Pumpkin Curry Soup, Becky modified from a recipe in A Taste of Home, It is gluten-free and dairy-free!
Pumpkin Curry Soup Recipe
Easy One Pot Meals Recipe: Pumpkin Curry Soup
I don't know about you but I love Pumpkin anytime of the year and I love Curry just as much. I think using both in a fantastic soup called Pumpkin Curry Soup is a marriage made in heaven!
Servings: 6 cups
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour or cornstarch
- 1 tsp curry powder or to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can 15 ounces solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp honey or agave
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Sour cream and chives optional - You can use Better Than Sour Cream by Toffuti
- In a large saucepan, sauté the mushrooms and onions in coconut oil until tender. Stir in gluten free flour and curry powder until blended. Gradually add the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the pumpkin, milk, honey, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; heat through. Garnish individual servings with sour cream and chives if desired.
Nutritional values are based on one cup
Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 666mg | Potassium: 139mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.4mg
I’m so excited to try this! With fall being here this is going to be a great meal.
My wife is sick. I wonder if the curry helps with colds and flus like chicken soup does.
This sounds super yummy, thank you for sharing.
Rebecca Swenor says
This looks good and sounds good. I am going to have to try it. Thanks for recipe. 🙂
This sounds unique. I’ve never tried mushrooms with pumpkin soup.
I have never tried pumpkin soup before. It sounds interesting.
I might leave out the mushrooms, but everything else looks awesome! curry is definitely awesome and delicious!