When we moved to a new house over the summer, I decided that I was going to take advantage of the spacious kitchen and make alot of healthy foods for my family. I’d heard several times that Black Bean Brownies were a tasty way to make healthy brownies. Plus they are gluten free!
When we were in the Florida Key’s vacationing, we stopped at a eatery that had vegan gluten free Black Bean Brownies! They were to die for so I knew after tasting them that if I could find a recipe, it would be fabulous! Here is that recipe!
Black Bean Brownies Recipe
- 15.5 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 t instant coffee
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips Enjoy Life
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 baking pan
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and top with chocolate chips
- Bake for 30 minutes. You will know your brownies are done when the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
For those who haven’t made substitutions in recipes before, the applesauce is a substitute for eggs. Applesauce has a natural binding agent and adds moisture to dishes. We also use it as a substitute for oil in recipes. Black beans are the substitute for flour, making this a gluten free treat!