There are so many ways to prepare potato salads so I thought I would share my two favorite potato salad recipes. I grew up on potatoes and a meal without them seems inadequate! I hope these are 2 recipes you haven’t tried yet, they are fabulous!
Russian Potato Salad Recipe
- 10 Potatoes
- 5 diced cooked beets
- 1/2 cup baby peas
- 1/4 cup gherkins chopped fine instead of dill pickles
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of Vegenaise
- Boil potatoes, cool then peel skins and cube, place in large mixing bowl.
- Mix all other ingredients together with the potatoes and serve
And depending on what kind of potatoes you use …. it could be very festive since many here in Alaska grow purple potatoes which taste fantastic. Purple potatoes seem to grow the best in our Alaskan soils. But really any kind of potato grows well. I love the pink potatoes..I wish I knew what they were called but when you peel and cut them they are pink and taste so good. I am rather spoiled with the fresh taste from home grown potatoes.
Fall holidays around our place would always bring the family potato salad into the spotlight. I hope you enjoy our family potato salad recipe and alternate ways it can be prepared. For those of you that are NOT vegan..you could add some boiled eggs, cooled and chopped. This recipe comes from my step-father who grew up in Hawaii. The secret to his recipe is the vinegar and yellow mustard!
My Family Favorite Potato Salad Recipe
- 10 Potatoes
- 1 dill pickle-diced fine
- 2 celery sticks-diced fine
- 1 Tbsp French's yellow mustard
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 6 hard boiled eggs diced ( omit if vegan )
- 3/4 cup vegenaise
- chopped parsley & paprika.
- Boil potatoes, let cool and remove skins.
- In a large bowl mix all other ingredients together and finish with a sprinkle of parsley and paprika
What is your favorite Potato Salad?