Living in Alaska, we catch our own wild Salmon and I want to share with you the Best Broiled King Salmon Recipe I have ever had. It is so simple and yet so delicious! I like to think what makes it so delicious is that the salmon is wild. My favorite Salmon is King Salmon because the fat content is the highest. With such a high fat content the meat is very tender, flaky and sweet. So when at all possible, we use Kings for this recipe.
Here is a short lesson on Salmon. There are only 5 types of Salmon and all Atlantic Salmon are farm raised. So when possible look for one of the varieties below and it’s better yet if it says “wild”, because some Pacific Salmon is farmed also. I know I have seen “Silver-Brite” Salmon for sale, it is from Chum Salmon which is my last salmon choice!
Types of Wild Salmon
- Chinook: aka King Salmon
- Coho: aka Silver Salmon
- Sockeye: aka Red Salmon
- Pink: aka Humpy Salmon
- Chum: aka Keta or Dog Salmon or SilverBrite
- Kokanee: aka Sockeye Salmon that are stocked in lakes
Glazed Broiled King Salmon Recipe:
Glazed Broiled King Salmon Recipe
- 3 lbs of King Salmon filleted
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter butter substitute or coconut oil
- Place Salmon filets on foil lined baking dish. Use brown sugar and rub into the tops of the Salmon filets. Melt the butter, butter substitute or cococonut oil and pour over the brown sugar on top of each filet. Broil uncovered 13 minutes. Remove from oven and serve with salad or vegetable of choice.
- Enjoy the Best Broiled Salmon there is!